Saxon’s journey into the field began in 2016 when he embarked on an electrical apprenticeship, working fire alarms, solar panels, generators and learning the intricate world of testing and fault finding.
Saxon has several qualifications under his belt which have sharpened his skills and knowledge. These include:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma – Installing Electrotechnical Systems & Equipment (Buildings, Structures, and Environment)
- Advanced Level – Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation in the Building Services Engineering Sector
- AM2 Assessment of Occupational Competence
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations City & Guilds 2382-18
- GWO Survival, Fire Awareness, First Aid, and Working at Heights (WAH)
- MIST (Minimum Industry Safety Training)
- BOSIET Survival (Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training)
- Level 1 Rope Access Certification
- CompEx Certificate (Competency in Explosive Atmospheres)
- High Voltage (up to 36kVA)
- Fiber Optic Qualified
Motivated by continually expanding his knowledge within the industry, Saxon aims to gain more hands-on experience and learning opportunities in the coming years. He has his sights set on completing the HV switching course, a milestone that will enhance his electrical skills even further.